Lyft Driver Who Suffered Racist Abuse Over Mask-Wearing in Viral Video Contracts COVID

A Lyft driver has actually contracted coronavirus a week after having racist abuse hurled at him for asking a passenger to use a mask.

David Kangogo, 30, told Newsweek that the male, given that identified as Joe Kassuba, had actually removed his mask during a trip in Issaquah, Washington, on November 17.

Lyft needs both motorists and passengers to use face coverings to restrict the spread of COVID in the middle of the continuous pandemic.

Kangogo said he had asked Kassuba to keep his mask on, due to the fact that otherwise “he’s putting me at danger and all the other passengers I pick up after him.”

A week after the occurrence, Kangogo said he had evaluated favorable for the infection and is in quarantine.

” I started feeling ill on Friday Nov 20 th, on Saturday Nov 21 st I went in for a COVID test and on Sunday it got a lot worse,” the post said.

Kassuba can be heard saying in the clip: “You’re a sand n .

” Wilbur-Ellis discovered of a disturbing video distributing on social media that depicts revolting racial remarks made by one of our employees,” the business said in a declaration.

Kassuba has actually likewise released an apology to Kangogo, stating he regrets his habits.

” I must never have stated the things I said nor acted like a complete idiot,” he said in a statement published on social media by a press reporter. Lyft

Stock image. A Lyft motorist said he checked favorable for coronavirus a week after an incident where a traveler tossed racist abuse at him since he had actually asked the male to use a mask.
Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images

Learn More

http://cnacertificationcourses.net/lyft-driver-who-suffered-racist-abuse-over-mask-wearing-in-viral-video-contracts-covid/

Comments