A Lyft chauffeur has actually contracted coronavirus a week after having racist abuse hurled at him for asking a passenger to wear a mask.
David Kangogo, 30, informed Newsweek that the man, because recognized as Joe Kassuba, had taken off his mask throughout a trip in Issaquah, Washington, on November 17.
Lyft requires both drivers and travelers to wear face coverings to limit the spread of COVID in the middle of the ongoing pandemic.
Kangogo stated he had actually asked Kassuba to keep his mask on, due to the fact that otherwise “he’s putting me at threat and all the other guests I pick up after him.”
A week after the occurrence, Kangogo stated he had checked favorable for the virus and is in quarantine.
” I began feeling ill on Friday Nov 20 th, on Saturday Nov 21 st I went in for a COVID test and on Sunday it got a lot even worse,” the post said.
Kassuba can be heard stating in the clip: “You’re a sand n .
After the video went viral, Kassuba’s employer, Wilbur-Ellis, verified it had actually ended his position with the company. His (now-deleted) LinkedIn page noted him as a software application engineer with the business.
” Wilbur-Ellis found out of a disturbing video flowing on social networks that depicts revolting racial remarks made by one of our staff members,” the company stated in a statement.
” Wilbur-Ellis has zero tolerance for racism. The employee has been ended effective right away. The fast and definitive action we took shows that bigotry in any type will not be tolerated by our business.”
Kassuba has actually also released an apology to Kangogo, saying he regrets his behavior.
” I ought to never ever have said the important things I stated nor imitated a total idiot,” he said in a declaration published on social networks by a reporter. “He didn’t should have that. No one does. I had excessive to intoxicated and lost control of my tongue and I said terrible things that I genuinely regret.”

Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images
Comments
Post a Comment